So there were two things this holiday season that I didn’t get enough of…one of those was egg nog and the other was fudge. My in-laws sent me a recipe for 15 minute fudge and I had to give it a try! I know, I know, most of you have some resolutions you’re really trying to keep up right now, but who can resist a tasty treat with such small effort? You can always give it to a neighbor and make a friend in the process, right? 🙂 I promise I’ll do some healthier recipes soon.
15 Minute Chocolate Walnut Fudge Recipe
16 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped fine
2 oz un-sweetened chocolate, chopped fine
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, or other nut -but do NOT omit
- Line 8×8 pan with heavy duty aluminum foil, allowing excess to overhang pan sides
- Spray foil with non-stick cooking spray
- Toss chocolates, baking soda & salt in medium heat-proof bowl until baking soda is evenly distributed. Stir in sweetened condensed milk & vanilla
- Set bowl over 4 quart saucepan containing 2 cups simmering water
- Stir w/ rubber spatula until chocolate is almost fully melted and few small pieces remain, 2 – 4 minutes
- Remove bowl from heat and continue to stir until chocolate is fully melted and mixture is smooth, ~ 2 minutes
- Stir in walnuts.
- Transfer fudge to prepared pan and spread in even layer with spatula. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Remove fudge from pan using foil and cut into squares.
Yum! Don’t worry, there’s still 355 days left of the year to do those healthy resolutions you made 😉